Open Burning Permits
Burning season in the State of Massachusetts is January 15 to May 1
All Framingham Burning Permits may now be submitted online by clicking on the link below!
You may also call the Burn permit line at 508-532-5942
YOU MUST REQUEST A NEW PERMIT FOR EACH DAY YOU WOULD LIKE TO BURN
You will be required to leave your full name, address, and return phone number
(Some days you may not be able to burn depending on weather conditions)
All burning must be extinguished by 4 p.m.
Why are there limits on open burning in Massachusetts?
What can be burned, when, and under what conditions?
In Framingham and most of the state's towns and cities, homeowners are allowed to burn brush, cane, driftwood and forestry debris - not including grass, hay, leaves or stumps - between January 15 and May 1, so long as the open burning takes place:
· With the permission of the local fire department
· Between the hours of 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
(Burning can not start after 12pm)
· When the air is circulating well but winds are light
· No less than 75 feet away from all structures
· Have an accessible hose line close by (garden hose)
· On your own property and as close as possible to the source of material(s) to be burned
Page Last Updated: Apr 06, 2018 (06:29:42)