Open Burning Permits
Burning season in the State of Massachusetts is January 15 to May 1
Be sure to obtain a permit from the Framingham Fire Department 10 Loring Dr before burning!
Once you have a permit, all you have to do is call on the day you wish to burn between the hours of 9 a.m. and 12 noon 508-532-5942.
You will be required to leave your full name, address and return phone number
A fire department representative will explain any further instructions
(Some days you may not be able to burn depending on weather conditions)
All burning must be extinguished by 4 p.m.
Why are there limits on open burning in Massachusetts?
What can be burned, when, and under what conditions?
In Framingham and most of the state's towns and cities, homeowners are allowed to burn brush, cane, driftwood and forestry debris - not including grass, hay, leaves or stumps - between January 15 and May 1, so long as the open burning takes place:
· With the permission of the local fire department
· Between the hours of 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
(Burning can not start after 12pm)
· When the air is circulating well but winds are light
· No less than 75 feet away from all dwellings
· Have an accessible hose line close by (garden hose)
· On your own property and as close as possible to the source of material(s) to be burned
Page Last Updated: ()